Per Getting Started with Oracle Application Management Pack (AMP) for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 184.108.40.206.0 (Doc ID 2045552.1)
The following are brief descriptions of key features introduced in this release:
Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c includes several enhancements including:
- A new Oracle Fusion Middleware technology stack
- The “Alta” user interface to enhance user experience
- Edition Based Redefinition (EBR) support
Oracle Application Management Suite now delivers several capabilities to monitor and manage Oracle E-Business Suite environments on Oracle Cloud and on-premises. These capabilities are delivered through the Enterprise Manager command line interface (EMCLI) for greater flexibility.
- Discovering Orchestration Virtual Machine
- Provisioning a New Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 Instance
- Backup and Restore an Oracle E-Business Suite Instance
- Lift and Shift E-Business Suite instances from On-premise to Oracle Cloud
- Cloning E-Business Suite instances within Oracle Cloud
- Ability to run FS_Clone only option
- Apply E-Business Suite patches
- Start and Stop E-Business Suite instances on Cloud
- To create custom packages
Discovery and Monitoring
- Real User Experience Insight (RUEI) regions integrated within the Oracle E-Business Suite Summary page
- In this release, we have integrated five different RUEI regions within the Oracle E-Business Suite Summary page. Customers can personalize and activate one or all RUEI regions. These RUEI regions are specific to a given Oracle E-Business Suite instance and customers can view the data and drill down for detailed information.
- Auto Host Aliasing
- Host aliasing is now automated and will attempt to match the host name in the Oracle E-Business Suite context file and the discovered host name in Oracle Enterprise Manager. If this attempt fails, you will be prompted to perform the mapping manually. Customization Manager and Patch Manager features now support host aliasing.
Patch Manager – Oracle E-Business Suite Technology Stack Pack Deployments
- During the prior release of Application Management Suite, you had the ability to view patch recommendations for E-Business Suite applications and the technology stack. In this release, you now have the ability to deploy Database and WebLogic server patches using Enterprise Manager patch plans.
Customization Manager – Customization Discovery & Reporting
- Customization Discovery & Reporting process now includes discovery of database objects.
Cloning – Automated Cloning
- You now have the ability to save the cloning interview process as templates that can be used for future purposes for Smart Clone for R12, 12.2.x procedure.
- You can add custom parameters to the cloning procedure